Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Don't be proud, Mommy"


Adam has had a VERY productive week potty-training!  It's almost like this was definitely the week he wanted to start because I can't believe how well he's doing.  He was just ready!  We literally ran out of his diapers on Monday, so I told him he didn't have a choice about wearing underwear.  He immediately put it on, and about 5 minutes after I asked him to tee-tee in the potty, he peed in his pants.  I thought, "oh, brother" but I stuck with it.  I decided to whip out the pull-ups, in case of accidents.  This way, I wouldn't be doing laundry twice a day.  And not to mention, Adam only has 3 pairs of underwear right now.


Almost every pull-up he has worn this week has stayed DRY!  They have little characters on the front that disappear if he pees in it, so we make a big deal out of making sure he still has his "frogs" on the Diego pants and his "trophies" on the Cars pants.  He's so proud of them.

Of course, all week, I've been cheering him on and giving him 5's after he's used the potty.  I guess I've been over-doing it, because he said yesterday, "don't be proud of me, Mommy."  Ok, I won't be proud anymore (except in my heart).  :)

Now, we haven't had a poop in the potty yet, but he's trying.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

0 comments: