The day after Thanksgiving, we took the boys to see the trains at the Duke Energy building in downtown Cincinnati. Adam was in heaven! Duke puts up the display every Christmas season, and it's a great family trip to share with the boys. This year, Sue Sue and Pawpaw were also able to join us for lunch and trains. We all had a great time!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tyler had his first cold of the season this month, and the poor guy is such a trooper. Since all doctors now seem to agree not to give cold medicine to children under 2, we didn't give Tyler anything but ibuprofen for a mild fever. And he did remarkably well, especially with the humidifier in his room during sleep time (and that's another story trying to clean those things out this year!).
Posted by Karen Brandstetter at 3:24 PM
Oh yes, yet another holiday that I never got around to posting about. So here are a couple of photos of the boys this year all dressed up!
Posted by Karen Brandstetter at 3:21 PM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Click Here for more pictures from Tyler's birthday!
Posted by Karen Brandstetter at 10:52 PM
OK, so Adam's real birthday was way back in October, but I am just now getting the opportunity to upload some pictures and post about his fantastic 3rd birthday! How sad is that?
Here are a few tidbits of information about Adam these days.........he's really turning into such a wonderful big boy!
1. Adam still loves his thumb and blanket. Not sure which one he'll give up first, and right now, they both make life easier for him these days. If he's upset, his blanket makes it all better, after Mommy does, of course. He loves to "make a hole" with his blanket by wrapping it around his left first finger and holding it under his nose while he sucks his left thumb. Sniffing his blanket is like a 3 year old's drug of choice. One sniff......just one more!
2. Every word Adam says is completely legible. He's so precise that about 95% of people can completely understand him. He's so thorough in his talking and always has been. He's really getting into cause and effect lately. Although, not to the effect that discipline is easy with him. Oh, boy, that's another story!
3. Potty-training - where did it go?? It's pretty non-existent now. I'm just waiting for Adam to decide that he's done with diapers and pull-ups. One day, he's just going to decide on the spot and will want to wear real underwear........please just let it be soon! Apparently, that's how his mommy switched from diapers to underwear - on the day SHE was ready. :)
4. Adam loves "Baby Tire!" He's really good when he plays with him and entertains him. Of course, not when Mommy actually asks him to or when she needs him to. But, we're working on that. For the most part, Adam loves playing with Tyler, and REALLY loves to make him laugh. They are just adorable together! I am envisioning a strong brotherly bond growing through the years......
5. We may have finally found something that works for disciplining Adam - taking away toys one by one. Timeouts are not working, spanking doesn't really phase him, discipline has been really frustrating!! But as soon as we tell him that we're about to take toys away when he doesn't listen to us, or if we take one of his favorites away, he calms down pretty quickly. And then he earns his toys back when he's good. Let's hope it keeps working!!
6. Adam LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. He's even getting into singing along which he's never done! Adam has never been a big singer or dancer, so it's always funny to see him interact with the shows now. We are going to see his sing with his class next week at school - can't wait to share pics and stories from that adventure!
Click Here for more pictures from Adam's birthday celebration!
Posted by Karen Brandstetter at 10:33 PM