Friday, September 14, 2007

Second week of preschool...

Adam had another great day at preschool today! He didn't even cry when I dropped him off. I didn't get a chance to chat with his teacher today, but he told me all about playing with the toys, listening to the bible stories, and playing outside. Who knows if they really played outside today, but he said they did. Oh, and Adam fell down our stairs today, the first huge fall he's had while walking down the steps! He's been walking down like a big boy for a while now, but I think this morning, his new shoes tripped him up, and he rolled about half way down the stairs to the bottom. His head hit with a loud thump, and of course, he started to cry. But I was sure he was OK when he started asking to "watch Dorrie" (Dora the Explorer).

I was actually concerned about taking him to school today for another reason, too. He woke up this morning really hoarse. But, we slept with the windows open last night, so I thought that had something to do with it. Well, when he woke up from his nap this afternoon, he was definitely warm, and after checking his temperature, it was 100.1. And he was very congested in his chest. As the night neared, he sounded bad, and his breathing was heavy. So we called my dad, Granddaddy, (a family doctor, in case you didn't know), and got the directions to give him Robitussin. Adam went to bed hot at 8 because his temp never broke with the first dose of ibuprofen, so we'll be waking him up at 10 to give him another dose. Then, I guess we'll wake him up at midnight for his second dose of Robitussin. I certainly hope both of the second doses do the trick! He actually fell asleep on my chest watching a Little People DVD. Poor little guy!

0 comments: