Saturday, September 8, 2007

Adam's "Nice Room"

Adam' big boy room is finally done! Well, 99.9%. (I still need to put his white letters on the wall that spell his name). Adam refers to the room as his "nice room." It's been over a month since we started it, and I'm so excited that it's pretty much done. All of the hard labor was done while Nana was in town back in August, so the last few weeks, I've just been lazy with touch-up paint and hanging the window treatment. Nana helped me paint the room khaki and red, and I installed the chair rail while she was in town (Sue Sue helped paint the rails before installing). So, with the generous help of both grandmothers, Adam's room is adorable, if I do say so myself!


Adam's new bed.......he transitioned out of the crib VERY easily!

The poster above his bed is an A-B-C poster titled "The Story of Noah"

It took one coat of primer and 3 coats of paint to complete the red walls.

I tried not to do a "theme" in his new room, but it seems stars became popular because I introduced some Americana items (blanket on rocker, wooden box on dresser, Uncle Josh's flag).

This is where I will be hanging Adam's name, one white letter on each of the red gingham squares.

Adam's Grandmothers bought his new rug for his new room. :) Thank you, Sue Sue and Nana!!

Our little engineer in training! (There's a yard stick he's holding on the wall)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job with Adam's new room, Karen!