Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where are the pictures, you ask?

Life has once again taken over, and I haven't had time to update the blog.  Right now, as I type, the boys are watching Madagascar (thank you Kate and Ryan for letting us borrow it!), and it's a great movie!  I highly recommend you see it, especially if you have little ones.  I know, I know, we're a little behind watching it considering it came out so long ago, but I hear the second movie is coming out soon.  It'll be a must-see in our house as soon as we can rent.  Although, both boys have seen TWO full-length movies in the theater this summer, so who knows, maybe we'll venture out to see Madagascar 2.


We've had so much going on this summer, and I'm working on getting some pictures posted of all our fun.  I still need to post pics of the wedding, as well as our trip to Chicago for the 4th of July.  We really enjoyed seeing the Souther family up there, and the new house is gorgeous!!  Adam and Tyler had so much fun with their cousins.  Unfortunately for Kate, the boys all ganged up on her, so she'll certainly be a tough one as she grows up!  She's currently the only granddaughter on the Souther side of the family.

On a sad note, my wonderful and beautiful grandmother, Grandmother Herrin, passed away on July 6th.  She was 85 years old.  She had Alzheimer's disease and passed away very peacefully.  God knew it was time for her to reunite with my Granddaddy in heaven!  Thank you to my mother-in-law, Sue, for keeping the boys so I could drive down to GA for her funeral.  It was such a short trip, but I'm very glad I was able to make it.

This week, we are getting ready for travels yet again.  I think August will be much quieter around here!  I am packing up for a week long trip with Sue to Seattle, WA and Bozeman, MT.  We're heading out to visit with Ben's sister's family and then to a family wedding in Montana.  I'm looking forward to heading out west to see the sights SANS kids!  Yep, that's right, the kids are not going (neither is Ben, so that's too bad).  The boys are going to my parents' NC mountain home for the week!  They are going to be spoiled rotten when we return!!

Tyler is approaching 9 months old next week - where has the time gone!!  He has 8 teeth and is enjoying some table food.  I haven't ventured into meats yet, but he's doing good chewing cereal and some fruit.  I think we'll try spaghetti soon!  Tyler is my little musician, he loves to dance and clap his hands when I sing to him or when he hears music.  He sits and bounces to the music - it's so precious!  He jabbers a lot, and sounds like he's trying to say Da-da.  He absolutely hates tummy time, so he's no where near crawling.  He doesn't roll much either - he's just happy and content playing in one spot.

Adam is doing great, as well!  He's still using the potty a few times a day, but we haven't completely started potty-training until after all our vacations.  I put underwear on him yesterday because his buddy across the street is wearing underwear now, and Adam enjoyed it until he peed in his pants.  Poor thing, he didn't know what was going on, and he hates being dirty!  So, as soon as we have the time, we'll be full-force potty-training!!  


0 comments: