Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where have we been?

Oh my goodness, has it really been over a month since I've last posted??  Well, I guess a few things have been going on...


1.  Spring is finally here!  It took forever, but we are now getting some warmer weather to play outside.  We've been working on the yard, particularly the back yard.  We have a hammock in the woods and have planted some hostas along the grassline in the back.  (Maybe pictures will come soon).

2.  Ben was sick for a few days this month.  It was the second stomach virus he's gotten this year!  He took a few days to recoup, but he's doing much better now.  

3.  I had an awesome time in Nashville at Torrie's bachelorette weekend!  My little brother is getting married to Torrie in June, so we spent the weekend in Nashville.  What a cool city!  And I had a great time hanging out with Torrie!  No stories will be shared.  :)  Ben will be heading down to Mississippi for Dan's bachelor weekend in about a week.  I'm sure they will have a great time!

4.  Adam still loves school!  We've signed him up to go two days a week next year.  I hate that he won't have Ms. Jeanie, though.  She's the precious 1 year old class teacher.  Adam has been sick this week with an ear infection, sore throat, and high fever.  He's starting to feel better today, though, so he's on the mend!

5.  Tyler is now SIX months old!  Seriously, where does the time go?  He had his well-child checkup this week (which I believe is where Adam picked up his sickness), and Tyler is doing great!  He's almost 18 lbs (50%ile), just over 27 in long (80%ile), and has a huge head (90%ile)!  But what else is new when it comes to these boys heads.  He's starting to sit really well, not quite on his own, but very close.  He's quite the flirt and is such a happy baby, everyone tells me so!  But he has a really bad reflex of scratching his left temple, so his skin looks awful there, very dry and patchy.  I've tried taping a sock on his hand at night, and he still got it off!

6.  Ben spent his first night alone with the two boys while I was away last Friday for a women's church retreat.  Let me tell you what an awesome father he is!  He jumped right into the role of "stay-at-home dad."  He took the boys to get his haircut, hit golf balls at the range, Lowes to buy some plants, cut the grass, and did yardwork - all while I was away for no more than 24 hours!  Impressive!  I should go away more often.

7.  The boys and I took our cat, Macey, to the vet for a checkup, and she's doing great!  Ever since we "got rid of" Walker (he has a new home), Macey has been so sweet and happy.  We're even letting her enjoy the outside, too.  But, on an even BETTER note, she has lost weight.  :)  The vet was SO impressed.  Last year, on April 19th, 2007, Macey weighed in at 17 lbs 10 oz.  Today, at the vet, she weighed 13 lbs 11 oz.  Wow!  I seriously had the tech weigh her again because I thought it was wrong!  So, for all those family members out there (particularly, Dan!) who think we own a fat cat, we don't anymore!  

Enjoy the pictures below - I couldn't help posting these.  Adam is enjoying the Sunday comics each week, and Adam LOVES to get in Tyler's crib when he wakes up in the morning.  They are SO sweet to each other.  They will laugh at each other all day long - it's precious!




2 comments:

souther said...

Macy will always be fat cat in my eyes.

moshieraj said...

Don't feel bad...i haven't posted in over a month either. Things have been busy for you guys. WHERE IS THAT SNEEKY CAT WALKER???? Who has him? Macy must feel like the queen of sheeba now! miss you